The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Saturday, April 3, 2010

10 miles

Once again, here are my thoughts along the way. I don't have the fancy watch that tells me how far I've gone, so these are all estimates.
Mile .001 - It's cold. It's windy. I don't want to do this. Turn back around and keep going.
Mile 3- What the heck am I doing? This sucks. Why do I want to run 13 miles? I can't do it. This still sucks.
Mile 4 - I don't think this is running. I don't even think this is jogging. Hills, urgh!
Mile 5-6ish - I'm half done. The hard part is over.
Mile 6- Downhill! :) Wahoo!
Mile 8 - I can totally do this. The legs are on auto pilot. Woot! Woot!
Mile 9 - My legs are either jello or numb. Probably a little bit of both. If I walk now, I'll never run again.
Mile 9 - Hmmm...I should stop at the Library and drop off my book.
Mile 9.5 - Maverick! I see the Maverick. I'm almost done. I just have to get there. Downhill still. Yippie. Kick it up.
Mile 9.8 - Wicked "Defying Gravity" is a great way to finish.
Mile 10 - Okay, I can do this! I hope the weather is better in 2 weeks.

Distance: 10 miles
Time: 1:58:15
Pace: 11:58
Temp: 37 w/ wind
I didn't care how slow I ran today. I actually tried to run slow. It was all about getting in the miles. If I can run for 2 hrs then I can keep on going when it's race day.

3 comments:

katie said...

Theresa, I am soooooooooooo proud of you. woot woot

Jill said...

Theresa you are fantastic! You will have to help me train after I have my baby!

Allison said...

Have I ever told you that "YOU ROCK" . . . probably, but I'm going to say it again "YOU ROCK"!!! Love Ya!