The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Sunday, March 28, 2010

9 miles

I really need to blog right after I run when it is all fresh in my mind.
I ran 9 miles yesterday. I ran with a friend otherwise I probably would have chickened out. The odd number mileage runs stress me out for some reason. Plus I was sore from trainer dude on Thursday. Needless to say, I'm very sore today. Lots of ice and rest!
Lessons learned this week...
1. I don't like hills, but know that they make me stronger.
2. Seeing literally a hundred bike racers pass us makes me feel like I'm not working hard enough.
3. With that, I think they stopped traffic for us to keep running, not for the bikers to keep riding.
4. I think I ran the outskirts of Herriman.
5. I just might be able to do this.
6. When you don't have pockets, don't put your phone in the only logical place you would think. After an hour and a half of running, it won't work anymore. I even tried the rice thing.

Distance: 9 miles
Time: 1:38:38
Pace: 10:58

2 comments:

katie said...

you so can do this. 9 miles that's awesome. they say after 3 it's nothing.

Mike and Timette said...

Your poor phone, but if it's a guy phone then it probably liked the way it died. :)