The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

WOOT, WOOT!!

A couple landmarks to blog about. First off, I was not sore after Saturday's run.
My training run was 5 miles today. That is what my Saturday long runs used to be. Now it's my "easy" run. I continue to be amazed that I can do this. That my body can do it. To top it off, I ran my but off. (Which was sore from personal trainer dude kicking it.) I ran these 5 miles faster than I have run any of my 5K (3.1 miles) races. FREAKING CRAZY!!! Did I mention it was an absolutely gorgeous day. Forgot the sunblock, so I probably got some color.

Can't wait to read this in 20 years and be like, "Wow!"
Distance: 5 miles
Time: 49:29
Pace 9:54

4 comments:

Janessa said...

Hey Theresa! T gave me your blog address because I just told her I want to run in the Utah Valley Half Marathon! I've been reading through your blog, and you are so inspiring! I absolutely LOVE it! I hope all is well and I'm so impressed with your accomplishments on running. Keep up the great work and stay in touch, eh?
Love ya, Janessa

Shana said...

WAY TO GO!!!

Allison said...

Woot, woot is right!!! You are rocking the running world! Keep up the good work chiquita! Love Ya!

Theresa said...

Janessa- Good luck on your half. You can totally do it. It's a great feeling.