Ha, ha! I knew that would get your interest. Many runners talk about how, usually during a race, they shed their layers along the way. They go back and pick them up, of course. If I did this, am I a "real" runner or just a stripper? LOL!
Back story...
I went to the clubhouse for my run because it looked rainy and cold. I was only able to handle that for about 10 minutes. It was too nice outside. So I hit the road. Well, I had my sweats over my running shorts. I figured it was a little chilly, I'd be fine. I got about a minute into in and decided to ditch the sweats. So, Liz, did you see that person out your back window stripping down? That was me! I HAD MY SHORTS UNDERNEATH! I threw the sweats into the bush and kept on running. I made sure no one was looking. It was either $10 sweats or $40 sweatshirt. I figured if the sweats were gone when I ran back, no loss. They were still there and all is well.
I was enjoying running so much, the 3 miles turned into 4. It felt so good to feel the sun on my face. It was the perfect weather!
8 comments:
You crack me up!!! I am glad that your sweats were still there . . . gives me some hope for humanity!! :)
Look at you go . . . only planning on running 3 miles and decided to run 4 because you are having such a great time.
Send some motivation my way . . . PLEASE!!!!!
But you didn't answer my question!
Ryan is running the Moab 1/2 in 3 weeks. We've bought cheap gloves and this and that so he can strip down.... but we're not going back for them. "Let me see you stripped down to the bone." Name that group from the 80's! :o)
Depeche Mode wants to "see you stripped down to the bone."
As far as whether you are a stripper or a runner, I guess it depends on the intent. Are you stripping because you are too warm or because you want to give everyone watching the marathon a show...think about it.
I would say a runner.. and then when you are married a stripper. :)
I was taking the clothes off because I was HOT! :) The intent was to not sweat buckets, not to give everyone on 126th a show of my white legs.
Come half marathon time, I agree with you Shana. Once the clothes come off, I might not get back to them.
I agree Tina!
Which means I'm a RUNNER!!!!
well you didn't say there was traffic backing up, and no dollar bills were mentioned, so i'll have to go with runner......for now.
You're a total stripper :).
I have this internal dialogue every day: It's spring, you should start running again. It's still cold. Looks pretty nice to me. Yeah, but my knees. Do you want to fit in your swimsuit this summer? Yeah, my running shoes are still gathering dust :). Good luck on your training.
Post a Comment