The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Saturday, March 20, 2010

FAT GIRL RUNS 8 MILES!!!!!

Yes, I know that I'm not fat, anymore. Yes, I know that I should be more excited about the 2 different dates this week. BUT, I ran 8 miles today! 8 miles! Ran it! The fat girl inside ran 8 miles. Are you tired of me saying 8? That is the longest I have ever run. The skinny girl is winning! Everyone has a fat girl inside them, I just happen to know what mine looks like. :) It's a victory for me every time I push myself. Every time that my body does something I never thought I would be able to do, I am amazed.
So, as I was running for an hour and half, I had plenty of time to think. Go figure. These are some of my thoughts....

1. Dear Daybreak, Please provide port-a-potties around the lake. I'd really appreciate it.

2. Daybreak Lake has more seagulls than Newport Beach.

3. You know you live in Daybreak, when you garden in your designer jeans.

4. I love my asthma medicine and Excedrin. No, I'm not a druggie.

5. I love that I got to put on sunscreen. It reminds me of summer and the ocean.

6. GU energy gels and Clif Bars actually give you energy.

7. I'm going to be sore tomorrow.

8. I could have kept on running. Not like Forest Gump or anything.

9. It was a beautiful day, the lake, the mountains, the Temple. (Lots of pretty, pretty princesses at the Temple today.)

10. The reason why this run was more exciting than dating is because in a month, I will actually have something to show for this hard work. Dating, not so much. I crack myself up!

11. AND most important, I could not do this alone. I know we are nothing without God. I know, I'm getting all sentimental. It's true though. I do not take it for granted, the blessings I have been given. Every time I am out there running and even before I start, I am praying that I can make it through. If only dating was this easy.

I told you it was a long run. Those were only the thoughts I'm willing to share. :)

Rock on, Run on!!

Distance: 8 miles
Time: 1:29:41
Pace: 11:13

1 comment:

Shana said...

Super, super cool! Funny, I have a skinny girl inside of me. Hopefully someday I'll let her out and she can run with you! Keep up the good work!