Literally, I ran home. I went to my mom and dad's and ran home from there. 6 MILES! I ran the whole stinking thing. I did a 10K, 6.2 miles, last fall, but I walked some of it. I ran the whole time today. My thoughts are, 5 miles is easy, 6 miles is doable, 7 miles...Shniddle. I don't think I can do it. I have a week to work myself up to it. Mostly because, I WAS BORED! I had my iPod, too. Okay, maybe I was only bored for part of it. It was a stretch of new road with nothing but wheat fields all around. I was so bored I was running in zig zags to pass the time. That's how slow I was running. :) I realized I could never do a marathon strictly for the reason that I would be too bored. Hopefully watching all the runners will entertain me on this half.
Here is the epiphany I had after my run. I thought holy crap, I just ran 6 miles. 6 miles! Why do I have the inner strength to run 6 miles, but I don't have the strength to ask a guy to dance at a dance? Oh my life. I should have thought of that before the run or during the run. Then I wouldn't have been bored and could have worked out my issues. (Running is like free therapy.)
Well, the answer is, I haven't failed at running. Well friends, tonight, I'm doing it. Plus, my mom paid me to ask a hot guy to dance. She gave me the money to get in the dance. Does she love me so much or just desperate to get me out?
A quote that Tina put on my facebook says it great,
"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience by which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
Rock on, Run on!
2 comments:
I love it when you say "shniddle"!
Good job on your 6 miler. Keep up the good work.
Also, can't wait to hear if you asked a cute boy to dance at a dance your mom paid you to go to!
Love Ya!!!
Yes, my mom got her money's worth. Nothing exciting though. When there are WAY more men over 50. You are forced to ask the "young" ones just to not have to dance with grandpa.
Post a Comment