The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

3 days to go

My foot is feeling better. I ran today and it felt okay.
So this week I'm supposed to "taper." Which means you cut back on your training and mentally get ready to run your heart out. So I only had to run 4 miles today. Yes, it did rain on me. Yes, I don't like running in humid weather. I felt like I was sweaty all over. No, the Chinese food did not smell good when I passed it the first time. Yes, it did smell good when I passed it the second time. Grease and all. I went home and had a turkey sandwich and corn. Much better for me. But, I'm thinking there is a plate of pancakes or french toast waiting for me after this race.

No comments: