The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Thursday, April 15, 2010

1 day, 10 hrs

If you read my facebook, you saw that I want to ride a roller coaster. I have all this adrenaline inside me. I'm antsy and nervous. I figure a roller coaster ride would let me get it all out. I want the crazy small town carnival ride. The kind where you wonder if you are going to survive the 4 ticket ride.
Last night I couldn't go to sleep. I still have two more nights. I wonder if I'll sleep tomorrow. I need distractions. I think I've got that covered. We shall see.
Why am I so antsy, nervous?
I just want it over with. In a good way. I am excited. I want to face this challenge. I'm excited to see how I do. The foot is feeling better. But I pulled a hamstring muscle or something. I must have done it Tuesday when I ran. I feel like my body is falling apart just when it needs to kick in gear.
I'm not one to set huge goals. This was a huge one for me.
It's also become an expensive hobby. I have way too many running clothes that I've paid for. But I do look cute when I run.

Rock on, run on!

No comments: