The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Friday, April 9, 2010

Bonked!

I totally bonked my long run today. I was shooting for 11. Would have been happy with 8. Barely made it to 5.
I probably shouldn't have even gone. The top of my foot started hurting when I was walking/warming up. I adjusted my shoe laces about 4 times. That's where it was hurting. It hurt more to walk so I ran through it. I decided I better cut it short before I really injure myself and I'm screwed for the half. Surprisingly I don't feel to upset that I didn't get 11 miles in. Yes, I'm stressed that I won't be able to make the jump from 10 to 13 miles. But I feel refreshed and I'm on the downhill slide. From here on out I need to cut back. I won't be able to get a long run in tomorrow and Monday is too close to the half. Hopefully, this will give my body time to recover from all the training so I can be as good as new next Saturday.
My foot will still hurt tomorrow, since I can barely walk on it now. Stupid Theresa! Hopefully it won't hurt in a week. I did hurt it about a month ago. It's the same thing basically. It hasn't hurt until this morning. Maybe I've been too sedentary while I've been off-track.
I'm also not as stressed because I just read a bunch of forums from real runners who said they bonked a time or two and still made it through their race.

Rock on, run on!

No comments: