The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Change in plans

During my FABULOUS run on Saturday, my foot was hurting pretty bad. After looking on the internet, I realized I need to take a little break from running. I doesn't hurt now, but I don't want to make it worse. Right now, I say, I'm taking 2 weeks off. If I go to the dr. he will probably say 4-6 weeks. So, we'll see what happens. I think I am just tying my shoes too tight, but you never know. :) Better safe than sorry.
I am going to cross train instead. I will do the bike and the elliptical machine. I've decided to step it up with the personal trainer. I was going to only do it once a week. But I'm feeling discouraged with not losing any weight lately and now, not being able to run. So, I'm going to work with him twice a week. There's accountability there too. He's making us write down when and what we eat. I started doing this a little. Now that I have to actually show it to someone, I won't be sneaking the pieces of chocolate.
I am going to try not to stress out about not being able to run. I figure if I work with the trainer and lose weight, I will be able to run that much faster. 10 less pounds pounding the pavement. Plus, I'm running the marathon to run it, to finish it. I don't want to or need to break any time records. I just want that cool medal and the knowledge of self accomplishment. There are a lot of things in this life that I have ABSOLUTELY no control over. I have control over this. I have control over me saying I can run this 1/2 marathon and then show myself that I did it. WOW! Self-epiphany there. This is a part of my life where I have control. Take it and run!!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I am sorry you hurt your foot. I know you will do just fine with your cross-training until you are able to hit the pavement again. Keep the positive attitude and everything will be A-O-K!!! So, I am taking your advice and starting a seperate blog for my running. It's even called what you suggested. I'll send you an ivite to be a reader . . . I know I should make it public to make me more accountable . . . maybe in a few weeks!! :)

Allison said...

Her is an awesome quote that I know you will love and appreciate as much as I do.

"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." George Patton, 1912 Olympian