The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Week 2 wrap up

I did my long run yesterday. The best part was that I got to run outside. I love being outside in the sun. It was cold and I almost wimped out. I was running right into the wind. Burrrr!!!! I turned around and headed for the clubhouse. When I did, I didn't feel the wind and I could feel the sun on me. Happy, happy, joy, joy!! So I kept on going in 29 degree weather.
It wasn't really a long run, only 3 miles. I have to start small. Next week will be the kicker when I have to do 4 miles. The only time I've done 4 miles is when I did my 10K. This is when I start breaking out of my shell and trying something new. I honestly think that the first 30 minutes of running is the absolute worst. I'll let you know if I still feel that way in a month.
I'm officially taking 3 days off from exercising. I did yoga 2 days and ran every day this week. My body has been sore getting used to all this physical activity. I read that you can become irritable, tired, and moody from over training. Well, I'm definitely that, with about 10 other emotions. I don't know if it's over training or me dealing with life. I think it's the second, but still a good excuse to take a rest. I'm going on vacation.

No comments: