The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Week 1, Day 2

Yesterday I did Yoga. That was easy. I love Yoga. I found a very SMALL place over in Daybreak that offers classes. I can't wait to go back tomorrow.
Today was not so easy. My goal was to run 2.5 miles at a pretty steady pace (6.0 for me). Faster than usual, but not so fast I can't breathe. I thought I was doing okay. About halfway through I thought I was going to die. I admit, running sucks! I stepped off the treadmill and I'm thinking that this is what you call an asthma attack. So I walked for about .3 miles, very slowly. Then I stepped it up for the last .8 miles. I wanted to stop. I wanted to slow it down at 2.4. Who would know? I would still get my 2.5 miles in. This is my thinking though...I have to finish. I will know that I gave in early. Granted, I didn't wait until it said 2.6, so really I probably didn't do the true mileage.
When I'm in the middle of h-e-double hockey sticks and want to stop, I tell myself that in 20 minutes my body won't know if I ran or walked, so I might as well run it. And guess what? I did.

1 comment:

katie said...

Gotta admit, liking this posting more theresa bit. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
RUN THERESA, RUN