The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Week 3 wrap up

Time 38 minutes
Distance 3.56
Avg. pace 10:40
I'm going to say I ran 4 miles today, but really I didn't. I ran 3.56 miles and walked the rest of it. I could blame it on my asthma. :) My goal was to run the whole thing. Definitely next week. You'd think with the added motivation I had with me, I would do it. NOPE! Although time did go faster. I love running outside, have I mentioned that?
Now, my body is sore and the top of my foot hurts. I'm asking myself why in the world do I want to run 13 miles? Right now, I don't know. Maybe that's why I'm blogging. Accountability!!! Plus I'd be out $50. I could just pick up the t-shirt and no one would know. But half the reason I'm doing this is for the medal. I get a medal! How stinkin' cool is that. I think I'll put it around my mirror in my car. I can be cool like that.
Have a great weekend friends. I'm off to dance the night away.

No comments: