The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Week 3, Day 3

First off, I was feeling really good from taking a couple days off. I think my body needed that rest.
Monday I ran/walked 3 miles. When I walked, I had the incline up to like 4.5%. I really need to wait at least 3 hours after eating before I run. I get a side cramp if I don't wait long enough. That is why I like to go first thing in the morning.
Tuesday, I got my butt kicked. Some of the girls at work and I get to work with a personal trainer once a week. It was good strength training. I thought it would be my arms that would hurt. Nope! My legs. Those poor little guys. I'm walking really slow.
Probably didn't help that I went running this morning. I felt fine then. I did 2 miles at a fast pace. It will definitely be an easy day tomorrow.
Pain is weakness leaving my body. Well, there is a lot of weakness leaving my body, because I am in pain. :)

1 comment:

katie said...

man i could sure use some weakness to leave my body. you're doing great. keep it up.