The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ramblings and calories

I'm a counting-calorie-girl. I never thought I'd be that person. It's just too many numbers to add up. He, he, he. I found a website though that does it all for me. Mydailyplate.com. I just type in the foods I'm eating and it does all the calculating for me. It keeps me quite entertained. I'm that person who stands in Quizno's ready to buy the cookie, looks at the calories, and then puts it back. That one cookie is more than my whole dinner. Crazy, I know.
I'm still not running because of the foot. I'm starting to miss it. The stationary bike just doesn't cut it. Especially when random, obnoxious children are going crazy around you, using the machines you want to use.
Working with the personal trainer is awesome. It is some hard crap. I'm sore for days afterwards but it feels great knowing I'm kicking my butt in gear. I took the before pictures so I can't wait to see the after. Yeah, and don't worry, you won't be seeing those pictures on here, EVER!
The hard work does pay off. It's just a matter of sticking with it. You just have to find the right motivation.
Party on friends!! Go run a mile for me!

No comments: