The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Saturday, February 20, 2010

4 MILES!!

I ran the whole entire 4 miles today! Woot, Woot! Besides the 10K, that is the longest I have ran, with out walking.
I was a little bored, but you get into a groove after a while and your body just does its thing. I was able to watch the Olympic Cross Country Skiing. That helped keep me going. I figured they were working a lot harder than I was. It also kept me focused on something else besides the boring treadmill. I admit, I also made a few faces in the wall length mirror. Glad no one else was there to witness.
A year ago, I couldn't even run for 3 minutes straight. Now I can run for 50 minutes straight. I will always go back to that one moment, that one time when I was finally able to run for a whole song, a whole 3:36 min. That was huge for me. So this is just another stepping stone. If you're thinking you can't do it, you totally can.

No comments: