The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Friday, February 26, 2010

Just so you know, I'm really stressing out here. I have to run 5 miles tomorrow. I've done that before. It's only to the Temple and back. I've done that before, too. Many times before. So why am I stressing out? I don't know. Maybe because I have only done 5 miles of straight running ONCE! I just need to tell myself that I don't have to RUN the whole thing. It is about finishing, not about time. That helps a little. "I'm just going on a morning jog around Daybreak." That will be my mantra I will repeat over and over for an hour. Crap, I forgot to charge my iPod. Glad I wrote this post.

No comments: