16 miles sucked! "Just sayin'!" (A very popular saying these days that kind of bugs me sometimes.) But, really, the first half hour and the last half hour really do suck. They are the hardest. The 2 hours in between aren't bad. You are in your groove. You know you have to do it. You are a good 5 miles from home. Not much to be done but run and enjoy that book on tape you are listening too. Once again, I finish running so that I can sit in a cold bath. This week I really did add ice. They say it should be between 40-50 degrees. Mine was only 60 degrees. It felt good though. It's supposed to help your muscles in the whole recovery thing. Next time though, I need to remember to take my id, money, and band-aids out of my short's pocket so they don't get wet.

I think the massage I'm getting will be the most beneficial.
*sweaty: you are sticky from the sunblock and the sweat sticking to your body attracting bugs and you can smell yourself.
Details
Distance: 16 miles
Time: 3 hrs 7 min (I know! That is a long time!)
Pace: 11:41 min/mile
Calories burned: 1,788
Water gulped: 26 oz
Gatorade: 10 oz
Vanilla Bean Gu Gels consumed: 2
![]() |
| This is the data from my very cool watch I wear when I run. |

1 comment:
you make my legs hurt just thinking about it. Keep it up girl!
Post a Comment