The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Another 12 miles

It's getting kind of boring posting. I hope your not too bored reading.
I pulled back on miles this week and did "only" 12 miles. That is a heck of a lot of miles, but not as much as last week. It was a pretty uneventful run. I started at mom and dad's again. That first mile was straight down hill but I was running it slow. Maybe my muscles still needed to warm up. The whole run felt good. I took my Gu gel at 7.5 miles at my trusty McDonald's. I was going to run down to Sam's Club. That way I would grab my sister's car and drive home. I changed my mind and ended up circling back home. I didn't want to do those 2 hills at the end again and I really wanted my cold bath. I did have to run an incline home though. Not too bad. I just think that's the nature of the beast. There are some type of hills everywhere. But I got to soak in my cold bath and hopefully my legs won't hurt as much. I actually don't feel too bad. My feet hurt. But I was pounding on them for 2 hours.
Now I'm off to take a nap at 9AM. What?! I've been up since 4:30AM.
Details
Distance: 12.11 miles
Time: 2:13
Pace: 10:59 min/mile
Calories burned: 1,345
Water gulped: 30 oz
Gatorade: 10 oz
Vanilla Bean Gu Gels consumed: 1

ROCK ON, RUN ON!!!

No comments: