Once again, you get the play by play.
4:37AM - Wide awake, let's eat some oatmeal and double check the route I'm going to run. Do I really want to run all the way to I-15? Yep.
5:30 - Put on 70spf sunscreen, because, you know it's dark outside. Head to mom and dad's
5:45 - Pee two times, call it good, and start my long, slow run.
This is what it looked like as I started my run, approximately 6400 W. Gorgeous.

The geese were crossing the road. By the time I got to them, they were to the pond. This is why I didn't take too many pictures, it's blurry.

The run was pretty nice. Actually, it's all kind of blur right now. The first 7 miles were all the same. I listened to two episodes of NPR, "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me." I get into my talk radio that I don't have much time to think or figure out life's problems. I'm pretty I have sweated off my sunscreen by this point too.
Mile 7.5, McDonalds! I planned on stopping to refill my water bottles. I took my energy gel, used their potty, and drank some water. A pit stop that probably lasted 3 minutes longer than I had planned. I was there 4.

114th South is my friend. I can tell you that the new road is completely open. It is white concrete instead of asphalt, and there's quite a few LDS churches on that road. I really should have counted.
Around 9 1/2 miles I was feeling okay. That's about where I thought I'd end up on the side of the road. This was my view for about 3 miles.

You might not be able to see it but it's a hill. You all know how I feel about hills. I wasn't too worried until I got to there. At that point, I had already ran 11 miles, almost 2 hours. Short steps is what I've been told. That's what I did. Now, this is my blog, I can complain all I want. I can not explain how my legs were feeling at this point. I think it's like moms who try to explain childbirth. You just can't. My pain was nothing compared to that, I'm just saying you can't explain it. My legs ached in every muscle, they were tight and heavy. That's when I wanted to stop. But you can't stop when your on a hill. That would suck. I might just fall back down and then have to start all over. There were two chicks that were of course faster than me, ahead of me. I figured if they could do it, I could too. The road went over the Jordan Parkway. It's kind of pretty down there. I was wishing that's where my car was parked. I also realized that for the last 2 hours, I did not give one minute of my time on teaching myself to flirt. Yep, not going to happen now. If those boys can't see how freaking amazing I am, then oh well. Keep on running. I crest the hill and what do I see...another hill. Smaller but still...a hill.
I put both earbuds in, turned the music up loud, closed my eyes in quick spurts so as to not run into the lamp posts, and moved my feet.
I was so happy to see the Walmart once I got to the top. All I had to do was get across the parking lot to my car and I was done. I did it. I don't know why I was so worried. It is a mental game. The last couple miles, I did have to give myself a few pep talks. I am AMAZED at what my body can do, what my legs can do. They just kept on moving. I really thought they would freeze up on me and I would have to "Force Close" that app.
I am so glad that I didn't have any foot problems. A little bit of faith and a little bit of works.
All of that followed by a very cold bath on my legs and compression socks. I think I will be hobbling the rest of the day.
Miles: 12
Time 2:08
Pace 10:45
2 comments:
You are AMAZING!!!!!! I hope one day to have the love of exercising like you do know. I say exercising because I am not a runner!
AMAZING!!!!
Post a Comment