The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Can't sleep



It might look disgusting but my mixture of Dreyer's Slow Churned Oreo ice cream, Mint Oreos, and homemade hot fudge was delicious. My throat might be burning a little bit right now from all the sugar. I know I should not have these three ingredients in my house at the same time. I guess I was just lucky.
So I've been in a constant bad mood for the last 4 days. Over-training probably. I kind of want to give up on this marathon thing. It's too hard. The run wasn't bad on Saturday. Yesterday I ran a pretty good pace too. I'm just soooo tired. I don't have the energy to get everything done. It takes so much out of me to start a new year and get the kiddies trained. I'm supposed to be waking up at 5AM and running 6 miles tomorrow. It's now 10:30PM. I've been laying in bed stressing about where to run for my speedwork and if I should just run after school instead of before school. The problem with after school is that it's hot. Which means I have to hit the rec. center that doesn't have good a/c. It's ONE run but I can't decide when or where to do it. But at this point I need sleep more than I need that run. So I gave up on not going in the morning and got myself a bowl of ice cream. It made me feel a little better. Granted now I'm blogging instead of sleeping. It's just a crappy week overall with running. I'm going out of town this weekend so I get to do my 18 miler in Idaho. I think that will be nice for a change of scenery. I will be packing one bag just for all my running gear. It will be a good practice for St. George, right?
None of this probably makes sense. Blame it on the sugar high. Oh, and the reason I probably gave into this delicious concoction is because my goal this week was to eat super healthy. Fruits and veggies. I even put spinach in my fruit smoothie today. Yep, there's your sign.


9 hours later (8 1/2 which were spent sleeping) I feel much better. Sometimes you just have to throw the schedule out the window. It will be okay. Life will go on and you will survive. I will still be putting spinach in my fruit smoothie and I won't be having another one of those bowls of ice cream. Mainly because my hot fudge is all gone.

2 comments:

katie said...

don't you dare give up. you can do this. think of all the satisfaction you will get when you cross that finish line. your hard work will pay off... then i will buy you a HUGE hot fudge sunday at the beach the next day. :)

Theresa said...

Thanks friend! I'm not giving up. I'm having a much better week this week.