I'm running a half marathon on Saturday!! It's the Hobble Creek Half Marathon. It starts up Hobble Creek Canyon down by Mapleton. It's 10 miles down the canyon then 3 flat miles into town. Rumor has it that it's a fast half. I wish I could run it all out, but won't be. I don't want to push it too hard because it's more of a training race to see what my pace might be for St. George. I'm also not at the top of my game like I was for my last half. I'm at like 90%. I think I'll do pretty good though. It's an AMAZING feeling to know I'm running a half marathon like it's no big deal. I don't need my family to be there. I'm just heading down with a friend. It's, just WOW!
I got a massage today to get my muscles all relaxed and ready. My knees have been aching a little since the blasted 19. They feel much better now.
I went down to Orem to get my bib #. Number 285!!! It wasn't until I was walking into the running store to pick up my stuff that I realized I'm running a race in 2 days. I'm obviously so focused on the end goal. It's an interesting experience. I know I'm not the only one who does it, but you naturally size up your competition. I'm thinking, "Okay, that girl is bigger than me and running, I'll do okay." "That girl is skinnier, she's definitely faster." "Hot guy, I won't even see him on the course." "Dude, you are OLD! How do you not die while running?" All of it is such an exciting experience though. I'm excited to race this beautiful course, down a canyon. I'm most definitely excited for a cool t-shirt and medal!
About those blasted 19 miles. I feel so much better about it now. I'm actually looking forward to running my 20 in a couple weeks. Only because now I know what to expect. I will be prepared with a set in stone route and most importantly, mentally, I will be ready. I know it will take all my umph and I'll be ready to give it. I'm so glad my plan called for two 20-milers. I have been nursing aching knees, blood blister, and bruised foot. I eased off my miles this week because I want to be able to race well in this half on Sat. Luckily I messed up on my training schedule, so I'm basically repeating this week again next week. Which means I won't be behind schedule. Blessings in disguise.
No comments:
Post a Comment