The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Friday, September 26, 2008

Why I love year-round education...

I love year round teaching because for the next 3 weeks, I get to
~sleep in (except the day I fly to California at 6 am, no complaints here)
~clean my house- I mean, really clean it
~hang out in my comfy clothes all day, if I want to, that is
~sleep in more
~do my errands in the middle of the day when others are at work (this is my favorite)
~not having to do my hair/make-up every single day
~be lazy
~get caught up on everything I've been putting off for the past 2 months
~coerce my dad into coming and helping with those projects I need done around the house
~read
~watch General Hospital - I heard Laura is back, again
~watch all the travel shows I've been DVR-ing
~get out of town for more than 2 days
~re-coop so I can be energized to teach those little munchkins once more

5 comments:

Allison said...

I love year-round school for you! What a nice little break...I bet it is nice to have your dad close now so he CAN come help you. My parents have done some things to their house that I LOVE!!! My dad is a pro now a some things and I would love it if he would come help me!!! Justin just doesn't have the time and he can't capture the vision of the things I want to do.

Have a great 3 weeks off!!!!!

Cefalo Family said...

Theresa my friend. Don't ask me how I found your blog but I did and was so excited. Sure miss you guys over there. Hope all is well. Check out my blog sometime-andralynncefalo.blogspot.com

Give me a call sometime. Tell Tamsin hi for me...

Tina said...

Oh your list sounds so wonderful right now! Enjoy your time off friend!!

E Winzeler said...

I hear ya on the sleeping in and watching General Hospital! I would love to lay in bed and watch General Hospital with a dark chocolate, chocolate Hagen Dazs bar....heavenly :)! Enjoy your time off and forget the errands, just lounge around and enjoy yourself, you deserve it!

katie said...

ok I like the california part. I think I could do that one for the whole 3 weeks. Enjoy your time off. It goes so fast.