The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Politics - Who Me?


I have never been a very political person. I try to pay attention and I feel it's a privilege and obligation to vote every time. This is the first time I ever watched a Convention. Let alone two weeks worth. Is it what happens as we get older? You actually care more about what's happening in our Country.
Well after listening, I'm still undecided (not very surprising if you actually know me) but I'm very interested. I do know this, I was hesitant when I heard McCain picked Sara Palin. After watching her and listening to her, I was very impressed with her. I actually can't wait for the debates. Will I ever be able to watch normal TV with addicting drama? Oh wait, that's politics.
I just wish everyone could get along.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I agree, it must be a getting older thing . . . I left Cub Scout Pack Planning Meeting early on Wednesday so I could see Sarah Palin's address. I too am impressed by her (maybe we still do share the same brain)! The debates should be interesting . . . I know this is silly, but Obama kinda creeps me out because his name is too close to Osama! Yikes!

Shana said...

I'm thinking it's not an age thing. I can't stand to watch it! She was on and Ryan turned to me and moved his hand like it was talking and said, "this is all I hear", and then we turned it. I have a hard time believing what is being said, but I'm proud of those who care.... I do feel priviledged that I can vote though. I'll figure that out when it gets closer, but so far I have a harder time listening to Obama speak.....