Instead I decided I would take the niece and some of the nephews to Jordanelle. It's probably been about 10 years since I've been there. I know, it doesn't seem like I've been here that long. Anyways, I checked into renting a wave runner and was all ready to do that. I decided I didn't want to do that with just me, the only adult. We just went up and hung out on the shore. It was really rocky, not sandy, like I was hoping. The water was cold but good enough for the kids. They had fun.
Well about 45 minutes after we got there, one of the rafts started floating away. I told the kids to grab it but they were clueless. So, I jumped in and started swimming after it. I know there is a physics lesson here, but the closer I got to it, the farther away it got. I just kept swimming. I was only an arms lengths away from it. I figured as soon as I got the raft, I would float back.
The Lessons I Learned...
1. Don't go chasing after $1 rafts. Let it go. (I was able to share this lesson with our neighbors at the lake when their ball floated away.)
2. Michael Phelps really is amazing. I was pooped afterwards.
3. I need to hang out at the lake more often.
4. Nieces and nephews are awesome. They were cheering me on the whole time.
5. Trying to read Breaking Dawn while watching 3 kids in the water doesn't work.
4 comments:
I would have loved to be there. Sounds like you had a great day. I bet they just love auntie teri. Miss ya girl!!
Okay, you suck! How come you didn't tell me you had a blog??? I stumbled across your blog from a visitor to my blog. Now I am going to have to stalk you! No really . . . I am happy to see you some how! Sorry I missed your call the other day! Kennedy said "I miss Auntie Teri, when can we go see her?" We might be down that way around the 19th of September . . . are you going to be around? Call me! We need to catch up!!! Love Ya, Allison
You crack me up! Looks like a beautiful day to go though! Every time I see a buoy I will think of you and look for a floating raft.
I just realized I need your email address to send you an invite to the bookclub blog. will you email me at annalisa727@gmail.com? Thanks!
Post a Comment