The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Why I loved the Olympics

1. Men's gymnastics winning Bronze. Pretty good for the underdogs. In your face Hann twins. Stay tuned for the comparison of the big marshmallow and the little marshmallows.
2. Jonathan Horton sticking his landing in team gymnastics.
3. Women's gymnastics taking Silver.
4. Alicia Sacramone taking it with dignity. She's still better than any of us will ever be.
5. Seing China women get gold, no matter how old they were. They rocked!
6. Watching Michael Phelp's proud mama.
7. 4X200 men's swim-WOW! I got tired just watching.
8. 4X100 men's swim- I need that group hug.
9. Michael Phelps taking 8 GOLD.
10. Seeing history being made with Michael Phelps.
11. Opening and Closing ceremonies.
12. Nastia Luikin getting Gold in all around.
13. Getting all emotional in front of 20 3rd graders trying to explain how AWESOME Michael Phelps is and what he's done.

These have been one of my favorite Olympics. LONDON 2012!!!! My goal is to get to London before then.

2 comments:

Martha said...

I'll go to London with you.

Tina said...

I wish I could have watched the Olympics, but the amazing swimming events that everyone has commented on, I have seen. Incredible!!