The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Friday, August 8, 2008

8.8.08


I LOVE THE OLYMPICS!

I don't watch sports, ever. I'm not athletic, at all. But I love to watch the Olympics. I love the coming together of people from all over the world for a common cause. I think it's the coolest thing! I feel so patriotic watching American athletes on the medals stand with OUR national anthem playing. I usually just watch gymnastics and swimming. I haven't been following the athletes or anything. This morning I saw a clip about Michael Phelps and I will definitely be watching him.
I absolutely love the Olympic commercials. They are just as good as Hallmark, but not as long.
I actually enjoy watching the opening ceremonies where each country marches in. It's interesting to hear the facts. BUT...I don't think, wait, I know, I can't stand TWO weeks of Bob Costas. Sorry if you like him. He has been the commentator for as long as I've been watching. I don't know if it's his voice, his comments or what. Really, does NBC have no one else?

3 comments:

Martha said...

Bob Costas- ew! I am with you on that one!

Tina said...

Oh the Olympics. You like OLYMPEE?! I heart them so. I watched the opening cermonies and had chills!! I remember the Opening ceremony party you had for the 2002 Olympics. 6 YEARS ago.. seriously where does the time go?

MerrittBadges said...

I LOVE them too!! But to be honest, I think Bob Costas is about the best you can get (with a hair piece -- tee-hee!). Don't have much of an opinion either way, but now I'll take notice.......