My old roommate and her cute family came down from Sun Valley, Idaho to visit. She has a 5 year old and 5 month old. They are soooooo cute. They definitely brightened up my home. Thanks guys! Kennedy, you can come live with Auntie Teri anytime.
I was able to be witness to Allison's inaugural trip to IKEA, while her husband took her 5 year old to Lagoon. I just kept laughing every time we would see something she loved and she'd talk herself out of it or we'd try to walk past it. (It worked about half the time.)
Last night, we went down to Lehi for a Chino 3rd Ward "Reunion". It was a get together with some of the people I grew up with. Growing up, our ward had an awesome youth. There were a lot of us and we had fun. It was great to see people all grown up and see them with their own families, especially since I imagine everyone still 17. I missed the ones that weren't able to come. It is amazing how many people from Chino ended up here in Utah.
Marque and Mont
************************************************
I'm not quite done with the flashbacks. Last week I was able to see 4 of my old co-workers. It was great to see them. I had a great support system when I began teaching and when I changed grades. Even though I might not call or e-mail, I think of them often. I always have intentions to get together with them but life happens and it get's put aside.
I am reminded of the song, "Each Life That Touches Ours For Good" That is how I have felt this week. I have been lucky enough to always be surrounded by amazing friends. I am thankful for the memories that I have. The downside to growing up, getting married, or moving on in your job is that you don't get to see the fabulous people you meet along the way as often as you'd like. I know it's all part of life and I'm not sad about it. I love where I'm at but it's always good to see people and catch up. Okay, I didn't mean to get mushy or sentimental.
5 comments:
Oh so fun, you just made me sooo homesick. I wish I could have gone down to see everyone. What else did you do. Who else did you see? I think you better email me.
It was a fun time, wasn't it. I was totally stoked to see you. We are going to do it every year from here on out. Keep that in your calendar.
By the way, do you mind if I link to your blog?
Thank you, thank you, thank you for being such a gracious host this weekend! We had so much fun and
I am so glad we got to spend some time together. Kennedy still wants to come live with you . . . so I may just ship her off someday! lol
Thank you for the inaugural trip to IKEA and to Cafe Rio! It's probably a good thing that I don't live near an IKEA! That place is EVIL!!!!
We love you and look forward to seeing you again! Didn't you say you were going off track soon?? COME TO SUN VALLEY!!!
How FUN!!! I would say that is a Flashback Weekend!
Post a Comment