The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Best of SEPHORA


So the tallies are in. Check it out.
http://sephora.com/go/bestofsephora/



It's not often that I feel like I've met the bar in way of fashion and make-up...until now.
I feel pretty good knowing that I actually have or have tried quite a few of the products they say are the best of Sephora.

My personal best of Sephora though is a little bottle of lipgloss. Why? Because I bought it in Prague. It is the only thing I bought as a souvenir while I was there. There isn't much left of it, but every time I use it, it reminds me of one of the most beautiful and historic cities I've ever seen.













So my Thankful-mony goes to Shana and Lisa for introducing me to Sephora in Passadena, California after a delicious meal at Cheesecake Factory. Remember?
And to Mandy and Tina for our trips to Vegas for our ritual trips to Cheesecake and Sephora for a free make-over where we well made up for that in the product we bought.
And to all my other friends who are in love with the store as much as I am. Long live overpriced makeup that makes me feel beautiful.
I will say that I am excited for Sephora's "step-sister" ULTA to open across from South Towne Mall. It's not as cool as Sephora or as small. It has about half of the product that Sephora carries, but it does carry the eyeshadow primer :).

7 comments:

katie said...

Girl, I never knew how obsessed you were with sephora. They have help for people like you. Miss ya girl.

Martha said...

Sephora!! Amen to high priced make up! It is one of my few splurges.

Allison said...

The things you miss out on when you live in rural Idaho...(rural meaning having to drive 1 1/2 hours to get to the nearest TARGET, etc.) However, they do have a Sephora in Boise!!! I'll have to take myself there next time I'm in Boise to see what I'm missing out on.

Shana said...

Well you are welcome! The funny thing is I still have things from Sephora that I've had for.... who knows how many years. If you haven't noticed, I don't do make up much anymore, sad I know. But you go girl and enjoy! I still am in love with Cheesecake Factory, so atleast I still have that!!!

Cynthia said...

My sister CArolyn is addicted to Sephora!! I am simply addicted to the MAC counter in Nordstrom. Overpriced, you said it.

I've heard Prague is the way Europe used to be...all old and cool. Who doesn't like travel?

Tina said...

Oh Sephora... I seriously heart that store. I think we will need to do a Ulta trip on a girls night out!!

E Winzeler said...

I have never tried any of Sephora's makeup...I've heard it's amazing though! I have NEVER changed my makeup...I wear the same colors every single day and have since I was in Jr. High. I can never make myself look like the makeup artist do...I end up looking like a total clown and I get scared to try anything new! I loved your post about the your day at the lake. I would have let my kids drown before I took my eyes off of any of the twilight books...I agree, Phelps is the freekin man! I love him...he actually looks cuter with all his gear on vs. just in every day clothes. I am not a worker-outer...I get about toe deep in the H20 and call it good. Thank you for loving Landon and being such an incredible, sweet, loving teacher and friend to him. He absolutley adores you!