The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Passion

I love running. I love the thought of running. I love putting one foot in front of the other. I love my body in motion. I love feeling the wind on my face. I love moving faster than normal. I love pushing my body further than I thought possible and it showing me that it is capable and willing to put up with what my training has in store.
I hate that it's 2AM and that I can't go running! I really want to. Running is my out. It is my therapy. It is a time when I am one with myself and sometimes with the Lord. I think I need some of that right now.
I love that it is a passion that I have found. It is not always fun. It is hard. I think though, that when life gets harder, all of a sudden, running is the easy part. That's where I'm at tonight.
My insecurities along with my lack of flirting skills, I think to myself, "Well Theresa, you might not be able to talk to a cute guy, but you sure as heck can run a good 10 miles." I just wish I could go run those 10 miles now.
Life is good. Life is grand. I'm going to run a MARATHON! That is what I'm going to do. 97 days, 4 hrs, 37 min to

1 comment:

Shana said...

Incredible Theresa! What an accomplishment that will be! I'm very excited for you. XOXO