The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

How can I not laugh

This is a conversation I had with one of my students
Student: When is your mom and dad's birthday?
Me: (I answer hesitantly, because where did this random question come from?) November 26th (Student starts to sigh) and January 10
Student: Oh goody, I still have time
Me: For what?
Student: I want to make a present for them.
Me: Why?
Student: For doing such a wonderful job at raising you. (At this point, I'm doing my laugh/cry combo because it was so cute, funny, and very very random!)

Another time, a student asked, "Where's the peanut gallery?"

4 comments:

katie said...

That has to be the sweetest thing. I think they did a pretty good job raising you also. I think you're pretty awesome.

hoppygirl said...

That is so cute. It sounds like your class just loves you. What grade do you teach?

Allison said...

That is so precious! From the mouth's of babes!

Tina said...

Oh so cute! I couldn't agree more!