The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Sunday, October 12, 2008

I love my Sunbeams!


One of my Sunbeams brought me caramel corn tonight. I took the before and after pictures. The after picture is about 10 minutes later. It was so yummy. I couldn't stop eating it. You can't tell, but I ate quite a lot. I had to hide it. I'm totally going to have a sugar headache now, but it was worth it. Thanks Landon and Erin for trudging out in the snow to bring me the yummy treats.

I know this post will probably never get me released from my calling, hence never allowing me to go to the old folks singles' ward, which I'm okay with, but my Sunbeams are sooooo cute. I basically spend 3 hours every Sunday entertaining 3 yr olds and I absolutely LOVE it! I miss them when I don't get to see them for a week. They are the cutest munchkins ever. Don't get me wrong, they can still be typical three year olds who can't sit still. They are smart little cookies, too. I'm surprised at the correct answers they have during our lessons. Out of the mouths of babes. They know about Jesus and know how to pray, which all the credit goes to their parents. There are amazing people in my ward that are HUGE examples to me on how to raise my own future children in the gospel.
We were talking about birthdays today and two of the sunbeams said they are four. I asked them "Does that mean you're older than me?" They said "Yes." Sweet, I'm young again.
My favorite, though, is seeing them sing. One of the reasons I go to a family ward is for the yearly primary program during sacrament. I'm usually laughing or crying, watching the kids give shout outs to their parents from the stand, climbing on the wall, or whatever other crazy things they are doing. Well, next Sunday will be our program and I won't get to be the on-looker. I will be one of the ones trying to get them to stay in their seats. I now have so much respect for the hard work that goes into these programs.

2 comments:

Tina said...

How seriously cute is that? Oh I helped with the Sunbeams a couple of years ago in my family ward. I was so sad when I was no longer needed. They were soo cute, I do agree. Especially when they asked for coot-kies.

Allison said...

I love your sunbeams too! They are so fortunate to have you for a teacher! The sunbeams in my ward like to peek around the side of the piano while I am playing. It cracks me up! When I was pregnant and always had food back there, I had one little sunbeam that would always try to sneak it from me. Don't mess with a pregnant momma!!! I hope you are enjoying your time off!