1 day, 10 hours still start time. I am so excited! I did an
awesome tempo run yesterday.
Meet Theo. He will be my new best friend as of tomorrow. He's the pacer for 4 hours 30 minutes. If I can stick with him, I'm almost guaranteed a 4:30 finish.
On my run yesterday, I decided to stick with Theo, no matter how well I feel. If I feel great after about mile 22, I will
let it go and race a race. I think I
have questioned everyone to death, about marathons, St. George, carb-loading,
and what to wear. I’m done asking
questions and I am now ready to enjoy the journey. I got some great last minute advice tonight
and I think I’m as “learned” as I’m going to get. I have been immersed in an online society of
marathoners this week, making it feel like this is no big deal. At other
moments I realize how huge this really is.
I’m so blessed and so thankful for this chance to run a
marathon. It’s huge. It’s a defining moment
in my life. I’m also so blessed with an
amazing family. As I’ve been packing my five different bags (I’m going to the
beach house for two weeks afterwards.), I have felt guilty that my family is
putting forth a lot of effort to drive down and cheer me on. Today, I am so thankful for them. I feel so
special that they love me and support me enough to share this moment with
me. I do keep reminding them that this
is like me having a “baby.”
And so on that note…
Let the games begin!

No comments:
Post a Comment