The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I do!

Yes, I do LOVE Kenny Chesney! I got your attention, huh? Thought I was going to actually write something profound? Or at least about someone I actually know? Sorry friends and random strangers, I'm watching the CMA awards. Oh, and Keith Urban too! He's on now.
But, what I was going to originally say was, yes, I do love running.
I guess I spent too much time chasing after surfers on the beach that my foot was hurting again. I haven't been running in a month. I decided to just take some time off. That was the longest I've gone without running since I started almost 2 yrs ago. I wasn't training for anything and so I could take it easy. Granted I have to live off very small portions of meat and vegetables. Not so much fun. But the break from running was kind of nice. I was thinking that I didn't miss it all that much. Mostly because it's cold again and I'm not quite ready for running in freezing temps.
Yesterday I figured I needed to get back to it. I took it very slow and it was great. As soon as I started, I felt like I was back home. Just the whole body in motion thing is amazing. Very slow motion but still moving. Yes, I love running. Yes, I did miss it. Yes, it will be a slow journey but that's okay. I'd rather be able to run a slow 3 miles for the next 20+ years than ruin it chasing after surfers in the sand. Lesson learned.
I had my left foot x-rayed. I have an extra bone between the heal and my pinkie toe. The tendons are all wrapped around it. The muscles/tendons are tight causing me to always injure my foot.

1 comment:

katie said...

it so would have been worth it, if you would have kept running right into the ocean after one of those cute surfer boys. You're an inspiration girl. I neeeeeeeed the motivation. Doing it, but want the drive back.