The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Perfect Running Moment

Surfers + Firemen = Happy Running

I'm at a beach house for 2 weeks where I get to run along the coast every morning. Pretty sweet, I know.
Today I was running and finally saw some surfers out. I wanted to stop and just watch their beautiful form. On the way back, it was even better. The firemen were right there watching the surfers. Not just a few firemen, but a lot of them! I had to swerve around them to get through. There was definitely a situation going on. I REALLY wanted to stop at this point. Then the perfect song came on my iPod, "Holding Out For A Hero" from Footloose. I just about stopped from laughing so hard. Hmmm, which "hero" do I want? The surfer or the fireman? Or both? :) Needless to say, I kept on running. It was just a great running moment.

1 comment:

katie said...

are you kidding??? stop girl stop. you are hilarious. jeff and i were laughing so hard.