The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A challenge or just work?

I have 2 days to register for the Salt Lake City Half Marathon before the price goes up. I'm scared though!!!
The race is the easy part. I'm dreading the training. I don't think I have it in me. I need to read my past blogs so I can see I can do it. At the same time, those 5-10 mile runs in freezing temperatures DOES NOT sound fun. Last year it was a challenge. This year it's just work. :) With my fabulous plantar fasciitis being my new best friend, I don't have the motivation. Which is exactly why I need to do this. I need something to work for, something to look forward too. Otherwise life is going to be a little boring. Plus the 10 lbs. I'm sure to lose are also an added bonus.
Are you a little bored with my blogs about running? He,he,he. I'll think of something to switch it up. Maybe.

No comments: