The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A little math lesson

RUNNING + CRYING = ASTHMA ATTACK
(Not so smart)

RUNNING + RAIN ON THE FACE = LIFE AFFIRMING
(Yes, I can still feel something. I haven't gone totally numb to the world)

Going through all this + looking up and seeing a FULL rainbow = Hope
(Hope that through all the stormy days, there is still some beauty in the dark clouds. Do I see the rainbow in my life? Umm, I see part of it. I'm so thankful that I have my health and that my family is safe and healthy. Will it come? I have the faith that it will. Otherwise, I'm going to be like Forrest Gump and just start running and never stop. The worries wash away when I'm running. Life is clear when I'm running. The problems don't seem so big. Granted, I'm going to be VERY sore tomorrow. If you run till you feel whole, your body will hate you the next day. Kind of an oxymoron.)

Run, Forest, Run!

4 comments:

Tina said...

If I could, I would give you a hug right now. But one through the computer will have to do. ((hugs))

katie said...

me too. what's going on girl??

Theresa said...

I hope all of you who are reading my blog are also racking your brain to find me a man who...
wants MORE kiddies
is Temple worthy
does not want to get back w/ an ex
good looking - come on, that is important too.
I could keep going, but...

katie said...

on the lookout :)