The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Sunday, April 5, 2009

General Conference

What a great weekend it was! For some reason, I was really looking forward to this particular General Conference. Probably because I am usually in California for the October sessions, so I crave to sit and listen to the counsel our leaders have for us. I even came back early from seeing a dear friend just to sit in front of the television.
There were a couple messages that stuck with me and which I really needed to hear. Having faith without fear, having faith in the gospel. A lot of the speakers seemed to focus on finding peace and happiness amid all the trials that we are facing. I also loved the messages about Temple attendance and finding strength in our covenants. If I had to pick one favorite speaker, it would probably be Elder Holland. He always speaks so peacefully and powerfully. President Monson said it best in his closing remarks, "My heart is full and my feelings tender."
I realized that there is always more we can do. We can always try a little harder, but I also realized I'm doing pretty good. I am definitely blessed. Very blessed. I should not complain and I should not worry about what the future holds for me.

I can't wait to read and download the talks to hear them again.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I wasn't able to watch like I should have, but I did get the chance to listen to Elder Ballard's talk. Incredible. I DVR'd them... but I haven't had a chance to watch them. Hmmmm maybe I should be doing that now instead of looking at blogs! :)