The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Motorcycle ride


This was the highlight of my crazy, busy, interesting weekend. It was so nice on Saturday. Everyone was out riding their motorcyles and I wanted to be one of them.
This is my dad's bike that my sister rides all the time. I asked if she was talented enough to take me for a ride and she said, "Yep!" My sister is so cool. We didn't go very far. But if you have never been on a bike, it is awesome! The wind on your face, very carefree. I love it!!
Back in the Provo days, when the world was safe :), my roommate and I would sit on the corner of University Parkway and University Avenue outside our apartments. We would watch the guys on their bullet bikes go by and try to get a ride from them. I will say it worked a few times. I can't believe we did such things.

5 comments:

katie said...

yes, your sis is way cool, but so are you. Ok you two, where are your helmets???????????? I didn't know your dad had a motorcyle. Where was that when we were teenagers??

Allison said...

You rock!!! Maybe this summer when we do our annual "rent a harley for the weekend" you could come along! Tell Jen I think she is cool for being able to drive a motorcycle. That's something that scares the tar out of me . . . riding however . . . OH YEAH!!! Can't wait to see you next week!

Allison said...

ps - you look REALLY tall on the back of that bike!!!

Shana said...

I don't even recognize you... you are withering away! Meanwhile, I'm gaining like it's going out of style. I weigh as much as my husband!!!!! Atleast I'll get rid of some of it in a few days, whew! Then I'll need your 2 cents on getting rid of the other 5,000 lbs.!

Gunnell Fam said...

My boy, kaleb, loves motorcycles. We watch out the window and everytime one passes, he says, "moto!!" Looks like lots of fun! I've only been on a motorcycle a couple of times.