The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

November 4, 2008

WOW!!! I think I'm speechless.
But I do have a few thoughts...
1. I agree with everything John McCain said in his concession speech. How are they not crying? I was.
2. I am hopeful about everything Obama said in his speech.
3. We will all remember this historic election and try to explain to our grandchildren what it meant.
4. This Country really is amazing. Where we can go from, only white, male landowners could vote to an African American President.
5. As a teacher, this is good. As a safe citizen, not so much. I guess only time will tell. I'm a little hesitant about what the future holds.
6. FDR and Kennedy were huge on change. I hope this new President can measure up.
7. Last but not least, what a historic year. This and Michael Phelps taking all gold, priceless. :)

2 comments:

Allison said...

Thank you for this post . . . my thoughts exactly. I am a little nervous of what the future holds, but America has spoken, it is what it is and all I can do now is pray for our new President as I have done for our past Presidents. It is a little bit humbling to see history in the making. I know I would probably be a little more excited if the African American were Colin Powell instead of Obama.

E Winzeler said...

I voted for the first time this election and I actually felt patriotic! I hope Obama does some good and mends things a bit! Hope you're enjoying your diet :)! Let me know when you're done with it and we should go to dinner :)!