I'm not quite owning up to my age, but you can figure it out from this list.
30 something things I’m thankful for
1. Mom who gave me life 30 something years ago today. Also for sleeping on trains through Europe so I can see the world.
2. Dad for being able to fix anything in my house. I’ve become a lot less independent since they’ve moved here.
3. My brother and his wife. They are examples to me on how to show love for each other after 13 years.
4. Jen and Deb. They make me laugh. I’m so glad that we all live close by. I never thought that would happen. It is so much fun. They take care of me, too.
5. My nephews. They are so cool. They’re getting to the age where they don’t really want to give hugs, but I still make them. I love them.
6. My nieces. They give me so much love. My nieces and nephews fill the empty spot in my heart.
7. My house. I own a house! Okay, I still make payments, but I have a grown up responsibility. I love my house. My tax returns have helped to make it my favorite place.
8. My very cute Mazda 3. Zoom, Zoom! Yes, I’m shallow enough to put my car on here, but humble enough to be very thankful for it.
9. A stable career. I’m pretty sure they will need teachers even as the economy crashes.
10. With that, being able to teach and work with kids everyday. They keep me young and remind me to laugh. I love teaching.
11. Church wards. I could be going to a singles ward right now but I have learned more on how to raise children in the gospel, in the last year than I would have learned in a singles ward. I have always had good wards and good Bishops. I know I am very blessed.
12. Education. I have a Master’s Degree in and two endorsements. I love learning.
13. Touching European soil.
14. Seeing the Mona Lisa, if only for 10 minutes.
15. Walking the streets of Venice.
16. Hawaii – thanks mom again for the graduation gift. It was so beautiful.
17. Being raised in California.
18. The friends I grew up with. Stake dances and the Chevy Sprint. So many memories.
19. The first snow. It really is beautiful.
20. The first tulip. After the third snowfall, I’m about done. So I love the first signs of Spring.
21. The huge donation I’ve made to the DI this year in clothing because it’s all too big.
22. November and December. I love the holidays!
23. Peace and quiet after a long day.
24. Being 4 minutes from work.
25. Sunbeams.
26. Less than $2 gas.
27. Tax returns.
28. Logan, Utah experience. That is one of the most beautiful college campuses. I’m so glad I got to live there. Plus I had wonderful roommates that I still keep in contact with.
29. The examples of the people who have come in and out of my life.
30. Small amount of culture that I’ve been exposed to.
31. Books, books, books.
32. Temples. The Temple is the most peaceful place there is.
33. My testimony of the Jesus Christ.
34. That I’m alive and healthy. Trying to live life without regrets. I hope the next year goes just as good.
5 comments:
Happy Birthday! Thank you for your gratitude list! It's a great reminder of all the blessings we enjoy. I know sometimes I get caught up in the craziness of like and forget to be grateful. SHAME ON ME! Thank you for your positive attitude and your friendship! I wish we didn't live so far away from each other!
Love Ya, Allison
ps - How did you like the movie last night, (er, this morning)???
Oops, I meant the craziness of life not the craziness of like. I can't type.
Happy Birthday tmo.I hope you got my phone call. I loved your list. So many things to be grateful for. I got a good laugh on the chevy sprint. Even today I still think of the most impossible things we did with that car. I hope you had a great b day. Wish we could have gone and celebrated. I can't believe we are 30 something.
What a great post! I hope you had the happiest of birthday's!
Wow! What a great list!
Post a Comment