The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Monday, February 28, 2011

6 miles

Hello friends,
I know I haven't been posting. It's the same old training so I figured it's nothing new. But as I was running today, I figured I need a little documentation of my adventures.
I'm running the Salt Lake City Half Marathon again. It's April 16th.
I ran 6 miles today. I really do love running. Granted it was all down hill, so what's not to like about that.
I was able to pass a dead possum at mile 2.
At mile 4 I was bored out of my mind. It's a very wide road with golden fields on each side. I should have looked up to enjoy the Wasatch Mountains in front of me. Instead I was literally yelling out, "I'M BORED!!!" I pushed onto the next "What You Missed In History Class" podcast. Unfortunately, I will never know about the Valentine Massacre of the 1920's.
At mile 4.5 the cable guy almost ran me off the road.
Despite all that, it was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL day. The sun was bright, the sky was blue, and the temperature was perfect. I could have kept on running.

No comments: