I'm running the Red Rock Relay this weekend. 180 miles, 12 women, 30 hours, Brian Head, through Cedar City, to St. George. I'm stinkin' excited. In two days, after being in the car with a bunch of runners, I will be more stinkin' than excited. No, I'll still be excited.
I have no idea what to expect.
Leg 1 - 4 miles, around 1PM, on a mountain road somewhere.
Leg 2 - 5 miles, around 11PM, on some gravel road. Ahh, the stars will be glowing.
Leg 3 - 5 miles, around 10AM, overlooking St. George.
Have I mentioned that I love running? Have I mentioned how blessed I am? Probably not. I'm very lucky to be able to run. Do I run as fast as I want to? No. Am I doing the best I can? I'm trying. I'm very lucky to be able to have these opportunities. Running this relay is for the fun, for the experience. This community of runners is a strange thing. I never knew there were so many. I respect all of them and their accomplishments. I respect and love those who say they will never run and laugh when I tell them what I'm doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment