The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Saturday, June 27, 2009

NY & 5K

So, New York was awesome! I love that place. Check out facebook to see my pictures. There are just too many to post here. All I can say is, I can't wait to go back. There was a quote by the Statue of Liberty that summed up my thoughts,
It said, "For me, this was not a city of realities, but of dreams." Enough said.

Then...
I ran my 2nd 5K today! Not as life-defining as the first, but still pretty cool. I got some of the family to come and witness my accomplishment. I thought I was going to die this time. There were a lot of hills. I did beat my time and that is all I was hoping for. So, I beat it by 30 seconds. 30 seconds is 30 seconds. 32:20.
Then we went to the Herriman Day's Carnival. Carnival rides and everything. I love Herriman! I love small towns! I love hanging out with family!

1 comment:

katie said...

New York is a pretty cool place, I'm so glad you had a good time. I didn't know you went with Whit. She probably loved it, with auntie teri. Man, I remember sitting on the floor playing speed when she was born. I can't believe she is 18. I am so proud of you girl. Hey next aug we should run the half marathon (top of utah) together.