The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Short Jog?

Feast or Famine. Two posts in one day.
Some girls in my ward have talked about how they run to the Oquirrh Temple. I was obviously fascinated. So tonight I thought I'd try it. I don't know what I was thinking. One, I should have gone earlier. By the time I got home, it was almost dark, scary. Two, I'm supposed to be running a 5K on Saturday, so I wanted to only do an easy workout tonight. Well, an hour and a half later, I made it there and back.
You know the analogy of Lehi's dream and the whole strait and narrow path that the righteous were following to the tree of life. I can so relate. I'm trying to navigate my way through Daybreak the whole way. I can see the Temple, but can't quite get to it. The closer I got, the harder it was. I felt like I was on some crazy maze. The mouse looking for the cheese. I wanted the strait path to follow. It would have made it easier. I finally made it and it is absolutely beautiful up close. It just reminds me of living in Logan and being so close to the Temple. I was walking around in my grungy workout clothes and there were all these suits. They were giving tours to special people or something. I felt a little out of place but didn't care too much. The grounds are beautiful and so green. When you are up in the front of the Temple looking out on the valley, you can see both the Jordan River and Draper Temples. That is sooooo cool. I can't put into words how awesome that is. We are so very blessed to live in this valley.
The way home was a little quicker. A little. The closer I got to 118th, the more confused I got. I think I've figured it out for next time.

2 comments:

katie said...

5k??? Man girl, good for you. I am so proud of you. You look amazing. I bet you feel amazing too. I am so glad you got to spend some time with jess and whit. They are looking so much older. I am so jealous. I sure wish my family was up here to do those things. Fun times. Miss you!!!

Tina said...

Atta girl Theresa! Can't wait to see your picture when you finish the St George Marathon.. or better yet the New York one!