The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits?
President Uchtdorf

Saturday, January 31, 2009

10

On a scale of 1-10 this has been a 10 weekend. They say, when it rains, it pours. That's how it has been for me. I got to go out and have a lot of fun. I'm usually in my comfy clothes by 7 and content to stay in. It feels good to get out.
But the best 10 of all is the pair of Gap jeans I'm wearing. Some of you might hope to never get UP to a size 10, but for the rest of the world, we'd die to fit in a 10. I distinctly remember the time and place I last wore Gap size 10 jeans. (San Diego, going country dancing with roommates in college, circa 1995). It might be shallow to be so excited about something like that, but I'm as ecstatic as can be. It has been hard work! Really hard work! I know keeping the weight off will be just as hard. But to feel this good, it is worth it. It has been so much fun lately to go shopping. One of my favorite parts is that my 2 sisters and I are all close to the same size. That has never happened. We can share clothes now. Here's the website that changed my life. http://1stpersonaldiet.com/
Every day I thank my Heavenly Father for the blessings in my life. This is just one of them.

5 comments:

Allison said...

Love the new background! I am so proud of you . . . I can't wait to see you . . . I am sure you look FABULOUS!!! I am happy that you are so happy!!! :)

Shana said...

Theresa, brag away! I used to wear a size 10, sometimes 8.... but that was more than a few years ago. I'm hoping after the pregnancy I can get back down to those sizes. I thought I was overweight in a size 10, until I got into a bigger size and look back at pics... man I was skinny. I'm so happy for you! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!

katie said...

Theresa!!! AHHHH I am so excited for you. I remember when you first told me, that you were going on this diet. Theresa I am so proud of you. I can't wait to see you, Where are the Pix. Yeah in the next few months, while I'm going up you'll be going down. But that's ok, love ya girl.

Cefalo Family said...

Theresa that is so incredible! We need some pictures since I don't live down the road from you!!

Hey, I got your message and will give you a call soon.

Tina said...

Right, like you are shallow! You look incredible... if I were in your shoes.. I would want to talk about it too. Awesome work. Isn't nice to see results after working so hard?!